Thursday, July 19, 2007

Oh baby look at you now!

I went for my ultrasound yesterday. Almost 19 weeks now :)

I've been feeling little Bean move around a lot these last few days. I've been feeling it for awhile but wasn't 100% sure if I was feeling movement or not. Now I'm certain! What an awesome feeling. However, this 10:00 at night party time has to stop. That's when I feel Bean the most. I wonder what Bean is up to in there! Hmmm, better 10:00 than 3am I guess!

Watching little Bean on the ultrasound monitor was so great. The technician took extra time to go over every part of the baby (except the area that could reveal the sex!) several times so we could get a good look. I nearly died when we got a couple good looks at Bean's little feet and hands waving around. Precious. Baby is about 17cm now!

Here's the picture:

Bean is face down, butt in the air. No comments from the peanut gallery (A.K.A Exile). The head is on the left. You can see the spine and if you follow it down and around Bean's cute little bum, you can see the leg bones (legs all tucked up) and if you look really close you can see the feet! The arms are curled up against Bean's chest.

Hippychic: You asked about colour of the room. I think it will be green. I'll post pictures when it's all finished of course!

9 comments:

Randi said...

Awesome! My brother painted E's nursery green. I think it's nice. A little jungle flava.

The Funky Bee said...

Oh my god!!! So amazing! Is it totally nuts to feel the baby moving around in there? Describe the feeling. Is it like butterflies or do you feel ill or is it like an alien trying to get out? Just asking for my future pregnancy, god willing ;O) Just trying to get prepared.

KSHIPPYCHIC said...

Awwwwwwwww!!!! Man that is so cool! You are like almost halfway done!! You know your little bean is getting a tie-dyed onesie from me right?! LOL!! I'm so giggling right now because I know the source of entertainment your full little belly is going to provide from now until the birthday - So Much FUN!!! Enjoy every moment!! :)

Osbasso said...

Aww...He/She looks just like you!

Anonymous said...

Amazing, ain't it? I'm so happy for youuuuuuu! (Oh btw this is JJ...I'm just still in hiding.) A green nursery would be awesome, methinks. Very fresh and cool.

Shora said...

Ultrasounds are the BEST, aren't they? SOOO exciting!

Shora said...

Except for the pressing-blunt-object-into-full-bladder-to-the-point-of-uncontrolled-peeing part. ;)

Mafia Wife said...

Feeling the baby move around was my favorite part of being pregnant! I just loved it when baby rolls around inside the tummy and it becomes so much more as baby gets closer to due date. You'll be able to tell when there's a foot, or elbow poking about in there... so cool!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.