Monday, September 3, 2007

New doctor...

I went to meet the new doctor last week. She comes with an incredible high recommendation from both patients and medical staff. My aunt works pretty 'high' up in administration and asked around for the name of the "best," both in terms of actual medical practice and bedside manner. It seems this particular doctor is very well respected amongst medical professionals too. I knew going to meet with her, that my gut feeling was going to determine my own feelings. Besides, she has to get my sense of humour or all bets are off. I doubt I'll have much of a sense of humour in about 3 months time, but in the small off chance I do: she better get it!
I really liked her. And she got the few subtle jokes I made in passing. She took the time to go over my chart so far and do a thorough job in getting up to speed on my pregnancy thus far. She took time to answer all my questions and send me off with information I need to read. I left the office knowing I'm in great hands.
It's just a little weird for me to be in the care of a female doctor! I've only ever had males. It doesn't make a lick of difference, and maybe it's better knowing she has the same parts I do, and has recently had her own kids. Minor detail. The important thing is that me and Bean are well taken care of and I feel comfortable with my doctors right? Great.

** Ohhhh! Check out the poll on the side. Vote. Is Bean a boy or a girl?!

6 comments:

Robin Alexa said...

I have only been in the hands of female doctors (and that includes dentists) and you hit the nail on the head for the reason why, they have the same parts I do so I trust their judgment and knowledge of those parts MUCH more. I would never go to a male doctor, is that sexist? ;)

Going to vote on Bean's sex now. :)

Mackey said...

I had a male Dr. when I had Braeden & a female Dr. when I had Kennedy.
I much preferred the female Dr. especially during labour.
Much more compassionate & understanding.

Anonymous said...

well my bride is against a female doc
sigh
see shes freaked about a female fondeling her stuff
sigh
thats kills the 3-some right off
but she did request to see the doc prior to signing up, small hands, she was in!
I'll vote on the poll but I gotta know one or the other thing, i either gota see a current face pic or know who was dominant during the conception.
I can tell if I can see you!
no shit, I havent missed one yet!
hehe
js

Shora said...

Female docs all the way, especially when it concerns labour. All the textbook knowledge in the world can't replace having experienced it.

Voting now! (think pink ;)

The Funky Bee said...

I'm so glad you found a great doctor but HOLY CRAP...You've only had male "girl" doctor's???? That is nuts to me. I have only ever had a woman. I mean, I could never go see a mechanic that didn't own a car. I think I would be freaked out with a male gyno...

By the way, I voted but I think you're having a girl! squueeeeee!

exile said...

congrats on the new doc

remember, if you have them talk dirty to you it's kinda like foreplay