Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I went to the doctor today. It's time to go every week now! The good news (to me!) was that there was no weight gain and the baby has dropped. Apparently the head is sitting quite low. No kidding! Check out the waddle I have and the frequent flier miles I'm getting in the bathroom!

I also had a bit of a scare. My pregnancy has been almost 'text book' (except for the whole conception thing), but this time my blood pressure was waaaayyyy to high. The doctor had me rest for 20 minutes while she saw other patients and then took it again. She said if it was still high (I think she said it was about 136/90) she was sending me to the hospital for further 'investigation' and possible induction. Yikes!! Thank goodness it came down enough for her to let me go. I'm not sure what made it spike up like that. I felt 110%!! I had to go get a home monitoring kit and I must check my blood pressure 4 times a day with strict orders to go to the hospital if it reads anything 140/90 and over. She also mentioned wanting me to leave work early!! She asked how hard it would be to leave now...to which I mentioned 2 words "report cards." Not great timing. Although I'll do whatever it takes, it's less than ideal. We decided to wait and see, and keep a close watch before we make any decisions.
Honestly, I'm more stressed now!
Back to relaxing!

**edit: dinnertime bp was 120/83...so far so good.

2 comments:

Osbasso said...

You need to start doing the weekly pictures now, too! How can we imagine the waddle without anything to base it on??

SG said...

I had a pre-existing blood pressure condition and have been really lucky- it has actually gone down and I was able to go off my meds completely (they would have ended up in the breastmilk).

I know it's hard, but being done work has been the most beneficial thing for me (lowering my stress level)- take care of yourself! We're almost there!!