Saturday, November 24, 2007

Week 37!

So now I'm considered full-term and I'm "good to go" at anytime.
I've had a bit of excitement the last week.

My co-workers gave me a wonderful shower on the Wednesday and then on Sunday my girl friends gave me another shower! We totally got spoiled. With my friends it was a surprise, and I have to admit it was a surprise! It's hard to pass one over me, and I was a bit of a pain in the butt/stress to them, but it worked out in the end. I had a great time.

Then that night, I ended up in the hospital because my blood pressure got dangerously high and was staying up even with some rest. They did some tests and monitored the baby (both of which came back normal) and then suddenly it came back down again. I was sent home since I was seeing my doctor the next day anyway. I had to stay off work for a couple days and have more tests done at the hospital. It looks like some rest did me good and my blood pressure was pretty good so I was given the go-ahead to return to work. That lasted half a day. My blood pressure shot up high again and now I've had to take an early leave (2 weeks earlier then I wanted). I was really upset to leave the kids that way, but now I'm glad I did. I can get use to this "jammy day" thing! I'm going in next week to have a little fun with the kids and properly say 'goodbye' (and to threaten them to within an inch of their lives if they misbehave for the temp. teacher in before my replacement comes! They were a real handful for one of the teachers who covered me!). So now the countdown is on.
I'll have to post some pics from the shower, but I need to get some from my friends first!!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Glad to hear you didn't have to be induced! That can bring on such a domino effect...I know it must have been frustrating to have to go on leave early, but maybe your body's trying to make sure you take it easy. I'm a teacher, too, and I know *I'm* not good at taking it easy!! Best of luck in these last few weeks...

Osbasso said...

Looking forward to your reports of the next few weeks!!!

Alyssa said...

I am so excited for you!! Take care of yourself girl....sounds like Bean will be here any day!

Anonymous said...

ok
all thats great
but i aint any child support
i mean i hope all is well and all
but it aint mine
i mean the only way it could even be mine would be if it was born poor bald and fat.
so dont call me for a check.
hehe
glad alls well sexy girl
urs
js