Saturday, June 23, 2007

It's been really great sharing our news with people. I really feel blessed and I'm looking forward to all the trials and tribulations of being a mom. I think one of the best 'reactions' was from my nephew William. I had just told his mom (Hella Bella) and we joked about how payback will be a bitch. Let's just leave it at: I've had a lot of fun with her son in the first 5 years of his life so far! I leave the phone for a minute and come back on to Will's voice asking, "Auntie Sass, is there a baby in your tummy?"
"Yes, sweetie there is."
A short pause.
"I'm going to buy him drums!" I can hear Hella laughing her rear end off in the background as visions of musical instruments, bowling sets, and other loud toys haunt my mind. I instantly regretted everything I've done.
Only for a second though.
Might as well continue...I'm screwed anyway!

No comments: