Sunday, December 9, 2007

The Good and the Bad

Well time is a ticking. It's just a waiting game now. Waiting and wondering. When?
When I saw the doctor this past week my blood pressure was up again (I had been out all day and not resting so it's my own fault). She did the ol' check-a-roo and said things are pretty favourable to be induced and the head is really low (you don't say! I can feel the pressure thanks!). They tried to get me in for Monday (tomorrow) but there is no room in the inn so to speak. Instead I'll go in for (another) non-stress test and see if something can be arranged for later this week. It will depend on the tests I guess and if there is room. She doesn't want me going past my due date if my blood pressure numbers are in any way elevated. It completely blows my mind that within a week I could be holding my little bean in my arms! I can't watch all those TLC shows that I love because now I get too emotional (and feel like a dolt) thinking about how I'll get to experience all of that so soon.

On another note, we had a bit of a scare on Friday night. I was home alone and *may* have climbed up on a stool to get something, and fallen backwards. I landed pretty hard on the floor on my butt/back. I had the wind knocked out of me. I called Mr. Sass and the 'telehealth' number to see if I should be concerned. My mind was racing anyway. Even though I didn't land on my stomach I did land hard and I wasn't sure if I could have hurt the baby. The nurse suggested going in to L&D to be assessed, so I did. I wasn't bleeding or having contractions and Bean was still moving around so I was feeling a bit less stressed. Everything obviously checked out fine, but I did have to listen to the (still ongoing) lectures of Mr. Sass for being on the stool, which I do deserve and accept. So stupid. I'm still paying for it. My tail bone/butt is sooo sore from it taking the brunt of my fall along with my wrist. I'm pretty sure it's got a mild sprain, but it's funny how no one at the hospital (nor me for that matter) was too concerned with anything but the baby. And that's the way it should be. I'll be fine, but no more climbing. Lesson learned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn you!
And I can say that, even though you and the ex caught me trying to peel wallpaper on a ladder back in the day.
Its cool though...BUMBLES BOUNCE!
I had to LOL
YOU love me!!

No more climbing you chimp!

Shora said...

"Bumbles bounce" LOL!

Yikes hon, glad you and Bean are ok! Why do pregnant women insist on doing that shit? I put a wallpaper border in my son's nursery at ceiling level when I was 9 months. Preganancy makes us stupid.

I checked in today to see if you'd been induced. Not yet eh? I can't wait! So you must be going crazy!

I'll be checking back often sweetie. Big hugs!!!